Thursday, October 29, 2009

Dr. Appointment

I finally had my long awaited doctors appointment today. Going into it I wasn't really that worried about it. I was more just relieved that I was at the doctors and that soon enough I would have a better understanding of what is going on.

This was the first time that I had ever been to this doctor. Knowing it was a guy instead of a girl this time kind of freaked me out at first, but I quickly got over it.

He came into talk to me about my concern about not having my period for the last 8+ months. He said that it wasn't good and then started listing all the things that could possibly be causing it. When he was telling me everything, I was okay, I was fine. He suggested that I start taking a hormone pill. I would take it for 10 days and then basically my body would withdrawal from the pill and then I should have a period. If that doesn't work, I would then be put on birth control to help regulate my period. He also said that when I want to start having kids that it could take me a while to get pregnant.

I had my yearly done.

Then he came in with the prescription for the hormone pill and another paper to take over to the hospital to get a blood test done.

As soon as I left the doctors office I immediately went over to the hospital to get the blood test done. That is the first time I have ever gotten my blood drawn. I wasn't as freaked out about it as I thought I would. I even looked right at the needle when the guy put it in. I don't think I could do it every time though.

As soon as I walked out of the hospital, I started calling people. Well, only my mom & Jason. I called my mom and told her what had happened. I did really good staying calm. I called Jason, only to get out a couple of words before starting to cry. He comforted me and made me feel a little better. I wanted to tell Karen about everything so I went over to her house and only got out a couple of words before I started crying again.

I know it might sound stupid, but even the chance that I could have a hard time getting pregnant or not even be able to have kids makes me so sad. I have always wanted to be a mom and experiencing the pregnancy is part of that. Before I get all down in the gloom...Nothing is set in stone. I haven't started pills yet. Test results aren't back.

I am hoping that everything is going to fine.

0 comments: