Wednesday, October 3, 2007

My Hidden Struggle

I don't think many people know about my struggle to be accepted and at the most, talked about for who I am, but not just for my age. My age became the topic of debate when Jason and I started dating. I felt like no one was seeing the real me, because the real me was more than a number. The real me wanted them to ask about my past, present, and what I want for my future. Instead I was shut out of the conversation. Instead it was my age, the number I began to hate. Crying became a ritual, I felt so overwhelmed with emotion. Finally, we decided to go for it, just get married. Then people couldn't say anything. Well, after deciding that, 2 weeks later we got married. Regardless of what other people thought or said. You know what? After we got married all the discussion about my age faded away. Still to this day I just don't get why they just all of a sudden stopped.

I do know that I am actually happy in my life. I found the love of my life, the one I was meant to be with and could not ask for more. We saw something in each other that no one else saw at the time. I still don't think they completely get it. I say "whatever" because they will never know what we have, cause they will never have it. I get to spend the rest of my life with the most wonderful guy. I love you Jason!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

it's not easy...i get comments to this day when i tell people i married at 18!!!